Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Belief Beyond Reason-Malcom Muggeridge
"A sense of how extraordinarily happy I have been., and of enormous gratitude to my creator,overwhelms me often. I believe with a passionate , unshakeable conviction that in all circumstances and at all times life is a blessed gift; that the spirit that animates it is one of love, not hate or indifference, of light, not darkness, of creativity ,not destruction of order, not chaos. Since all life-men, women, creatures, plants, as well as insentate matter- and all that is known about, is, has been benelovently , not malevolently, conceived; when the eyes no more see and the mind thinks no more, and this hand now writing is inert, I believe that whatever lies beyond will similarly be benelovently, not malevolently or indifferently conceived. If it is nothing, then it is nothingness I offer thanks; if it's another mode of existence with this worn out husk of a body left behind, like a butterfly extricating itself from a chrysalis; and this floundering , muddled mind, now at best seeing through a glass darkly, given longer range and new precision, then for that likewise I offer thanks."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A spectacular reminder and celebration of joy. Thanks, Don.
ReplyDelete